Prick up your ears!
Your customers are likely to be leaving reviews in a number of places – these reviews can give your business a huge boost, or they can leave you wallowing in a quagmire of negative online reputation.
Why are reviews important?
• 86% of consumers read reviews for local businesses (including 95% of people aged 18-34)
• Consumers read an average of 10 online reviews before feeling able to trust a local business
• 40% of consumers only take into account reviews written within the past 2 weeks – up from 18% last year
• 57% of consumers will only use a business if it has 4 or more stars
• 80% of 18-34 year olds have written online reviews – compared to just 41% of consumers over 55
• 91% of 18-34 year old consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
• 89% of consumers read businesses’ responses to reviews